First off we just want to say THANKS SO MUCH again to everyone for coming out to Sweat’s 4-Year Anniversary and Record Store Day 2009 last Saturday! It was an amazing time, hundreds and hundreds of people came by throughout the day, and we sold A TON OF MUSIC. Thanks too to Panic Bomber (free tunes at panicbomber.com) and Rachel Goodrich for their stellar performances, Mike Deuce and Laura of Miami (WVUM) for the tunes, Sacre Bleu and Bacardi for the booze, and the whole Record Store Day team for creating such a wonderful music-centric “holiday.”
We’re proud to report we are now finally about set to get our new air conditioning!!!! Updates on that soon…
Also, happy weekend! There’s a bunch of great stuff going on so here’s the dilly complete with lots of clickable links.
- Aww yeah, GLISS (LA) + LIFE OF SEALS at Fridays at The Vagabond!
- The Rhythm Foundation‘s Transatlantic Festival continues at the North Beach Bandshell with THE BUDOS BAND + JAVIER GARCIA!
- Last night of the Transatlatic Festival with CUCU DIAMANTES (Yerba Buena) + Mali’s TINARIWEN!
- The godfather of house music – FRANKIE KNUCKLES – spins at Back Door Bamby at The Vagabond!
- BIKE MIAMI RETURNS! Explore your city in a new way as the main streets in Coconut Grove are closed to cars from 9am to 2pm. There will also be a Dutch orange bike parade, activities for kids, live music all over the streets and more! Even your best excuse (“I don’t have a bike!”) won’t work today as you can rent bikes for FREE at the event!
- And if you still haven’t partied enough yet, there’s always Chocolate Sundays at Purdy Lounge
Have a great, safe time everyone! See you on Monday when MOVIE MONDAYS presents an encore screening of local filmmaker Tony Kapel’s “Closing Time” featuring all sorts of great Miami music-makers and artists!
Lolo, Jsin + the Sweat crew